Life has settled down again since our move, and it was nice to get back to my weekly Crafty Challenge. I was thinking about it today, and I know I wouldn’t get even a small majority of the projects on my list done if I wasn’t putting it out there on internet space. That commitment keeps me on task, and ultimately makes me feel like I’m actually accomplishing something.
Last week while I was in Dallas for a sales meeting, Jerry did a “tune up” on my beach cruiser, Lucy. It was only fitting that I should make a basket liner since she’s all shined up again.
Making the bike basket liner was pretty quick.
- 1/2 yard of two different fabrics
- Measured the basket – front side, bottom, back side and cut fabric just a little bit longer than this
- Then I measured the side height, and cut out wings – with right sides together, sew away
- Made this one double sided – keep right sides together and sew again. Don’t forget to leave a small opening so you can turn it right side out!
- Hand stitch the opening and add some flair….it’s done. Time involved is maybe an hour – hour and a half
This weekend’s weather forecast is saying it should be in the 80’s. I think a ride on the beach path down to Newport will be in order!