Pinterest Can Never Replace My Love of Magazines

It’s no surprise to my family and some friends that I have a magazine addiction. I love perusing through them, dog ear-ing the corners and using my sharpie to circle and write notes on the beautiful pages. I used to have stacks everywhere, but not long ago we picked up some of those magazine holder thingys. Now they are neatly hidden from sight and all lined up in my office to be plucked and read again and again.

Pinterest put a dent in my magazine buying for awhile, but I am in rare form once again. My Loveย is sweet and indulges my habit by buy them for me when he stops in the grocery store. We laugh (thanks gawd) when he brings home a new magazine, I start looking and….oops I already have this one! I have a source for those; my dear friend Joni!

It made me feel much better when my friend and hair stylist Joni confessed her magazine addiction to me. She and her BFF were heading out on a flight to Paris. Most people bring essentials in their carry on roller bag. Nope, not Joni, she brought a roller bag FULL of magazines on decor, vintage, and flea market style. She said it must have weight 70+ pounds. The flight attendant saw her with the magazines, squished up her face into a snobby smirk and scolded her; the flight attendant proceeded to tell her “make sure those go with you when you disembark”. Some people have no sense of humor, and obviously she doesn’tย share in our love, our obsession, our need to look through all of the glorious pictures and styled rooms.

What’s that one thing that you must have, that makes you smile and inspires you to create?

I knew as soon as I spread   all my magazines out, our Bully Winston would jump in the middle!

I knew as soon as I spread all my magazines out, our Bully Winston would jump in the middle!

16 thoughts on “Pinterest Can Never Replace My Love of Magazines

1. confessionsofawhirlwindmind says:

Ok first of all, what a rude flight attendant! Wish I could say I’m surprised but in recent years this seems to be getting all too common. I totally loved reading this because I felt like a kid in class, waving my hand while excitedly screeching MEEEEE! I love magazines, have soooo way too many of them, some even nicely filed away as the “cannot discard or dismember EVER”. I’ve recently been trawling through my ridiculously vast “empire” of magazines so at least reduce their footprint in my home but some will probably go with me to the hereafter LOL

• Atomic Hostess says:

Waahaha, this makes me smile. I knew I wasn’t the only one out there with this obsession! There are just too many good ideas and great for referencing at a later date. AND yes, I could not believe how rude that attendant was when my friend told me….Hmmph! If it were me, I’d be like, oh feel free to leave behind for me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 1 person

• confessionsofawhirlwindmind says:

Sadly, I’m hearing more and more stories of rude flight attendants – and I so want to believe that maybe they’re just tired, underpaid, overworked…but given the degree of Snooty Patootie I’ve witnessed myself, some of them could definitely do with reading an especially fun-filled magazine replete with Miss Manners columns!

Liked by 1 person

2. Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet says:

I’m the same way! There is something so satisfying about flipping through magazines sitting outside or on the couch with a good drink…plus it is nice to get a break from the computer ๐Ÿ™‚ Bullies love magazines too…Ruger loves to rip them to pieces when I get done!

Liked by 1 person

3. prairiebazaar says:

I’m laughing because I recognize a lot go the magazines in your pile! I LOVE magazines too; I know that many magazines are offering digital subscriptions but it’s just not the same! I also get a lot of inspiration from antique stores and craft fairs.

Liked by 1 person

4. joey says:

I have Pinterest. I actually pin things I’m going to do, and then I delete them when they’re done. I also pin Fiesta, because that’s why I have Pinterest, lol!
    I really love magazines, too. Love. Subscribe, collect for a long time, recycle or donate. I do tend to copy recipes and occasionally I’ll save a page because it’s some aesthetically relevant thing I want.

Liked by 1 person